Discrit is an art education platform promoting experimental thinking and debate in contemporary art and culture. We believe in making art discourse free and accessible, supported by an equitable exchange of diverse and divergent perspectives.
- To offer university-quality art education programming to the public without prohibitive costs to entry
- To create a flexible format for critical inquiry supported by an equitable exchange of diverse and divergent perspectives
- To create new communities of thinkers, artists, scholars, writers, and activists united in a shared passion for theory and its practical applications
- To add depth and complexity to the social, scholarly, and artistic practices of community creatives and to provide a grounds by which conversations already existing within a city may be complicated, critiqued, and elevated
- To generate new ideas, artworks, writing, and original research among participants
SEASON 1 Zine: http://bit.ly/3bedxxW
Chris Fernald - Co-Founder
Chris Fernald is an artist, musician, curator, and educator. As an artist, he has exhibited in group shows in New York and Mexico City. His poetry and writing on art have seen publication in both Canada and the US.
Chris’s pop music practice is called Rem Reviere, a project examining the poetics of the post-human condition and ideas of techno-spirituality. He received his BFA from the Rhode Island School of Design in 2013.
Joey Molina - Co-Founder
Joey Molina is a multi-disciplinary artist and scholar working between video, installation, and collage. Their work examines performances of gender and sexuality, with a particular focus on how such phenomena shape and are shaped by trauma.
They received their BA in Film/Video from Georgia State University in 2013.